Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Contacting a Professional

For my professional phone call, I spoke face to face with my cross-country coach. He was very helpful, as he gave me a couple of races on the top of his head that I could easily volunteer for. Before I talked to him, I assumed that I could only volunteer for a few 5k's, as you have to sign up ahead of time. However, I didn't realize how much help is actually needed to run a race, therefore a lot of orginzations willing to let me help out with not only 5k's, but other races such as 10k's, half marathons, etc. This process of talking to my coach was a little stressful, as finding time to talk to him was challenging. Luckily though, I was able to meet with him recently, and find out more information then I expected. Towards the end of the conversation, he was willing to send me pdf's of flyers for other races I could volunteer for. 

Below is a picture of one of the races my coach offered me to volunteer for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment